I had been toying with the thought of a 3-column theme for a while now, as I’ve only really been doing 2-column themes. Three columns seems to have some advantages, because you can put prominent categories, or buttons, at the top of each side column rather than stacking them up one after another in just one column.
The Sunset Theme (see it in action here) started when I saw the original masthead image (I love sunsets, walks on the be… oh nevermind). Anyway it looked nice, and I thought of an orange/yellow theme. Again it is pretty simple, a repeated background for each side column. You don’t have to really alter much, remove the button I had coded in, and anything you have to alter IS commented.
First, this theme requires WordPress 1.5+ Once you have downloaded the theme, unzip it and:
- Upload the unzipped theme to your
- Enter your Admin panel -> Presentation and select the theme.
Frequently Asked Questions
None so far! It is a simple unzip, install and off you go. You can edit the theme as you wish (it IS commented a little bit). If you have any questions, you can comment here, or you can go over to the WordPress Forums where I started a Sunset Theme thread.
Except where otherwise noted, this software is:
- Copyright Richard Dows
- Licensed under the terms of the CC/GNU GPL
- Provided as is, with NO WARRANTY whatsoever
In a nutshell, the GPL means that:
- You may freely use the works for any purpose, including commercial ones
- You may freely make derivative works provided that you leave the proper attribution and copyright notices; this includes the copyright notice in the footer.php with appropriate link back
- You may freely distribute the works and derivative works provided that you make the source code readily available under the same terms
If you like this theme, or others, please consider making a donation.