It’s a 2-column theme called Red And White. You can see it in action at The English Guy. It has 1 main column where the posts get written and one sidebar to the right for last posts, archives, advertising and so on.
Several features might stand out to you. There is an RSS “feed” button on the top right, built into the title bar (and controlled via CSS). There is also a built-in search function there too, although the search box is a graphic that rests on top of the bar. The “title” along the top alters itself to whatever page is being viewed, and the name of the blog is linked for a quick link back “home”; note that the title will not interfere with the search box.
I have also made the source files (PSD files) available for download. These are the RSS button (gif), the search box (gif), the comment box (PSD) and the top bar (PSD).
See this theme in action on my blog.
First, this theme requires WordPress 1.5+ Once you have downloaded the theme, unzip it and:
- Upload the unzipped theme to your
- Enter your Admin panel -> Presentation and select the theme.
Frequently Asked Questions
None so far! It is a simple unzip, install and off you go. You can edit the theme as you wish (it IS commented a little bit). Please read the README file included with the release, it tells you parts that you might to alter. If you have any questions, you can comment here, or you can go over to the WordPress Forums.
Except where otherwise noted, this software is:
- Copyright Richard Dows
- Licensed under the terms of the CC/GNU GPL
- Provided as is, with NO WARRANTY whatsoever
In a nutshell, the GPL means that:
- You may freely use the works for any purpose, including commercial ones
- You may freely make derivative works provided that you leave the proper attribution and copyright notices; this includes the copyright notice in the footer.php with appropriate link back
- You may freely distribute the works and derivative works provided that you make the source code readily available under the same terms
There is a README.txt file included with the release which you should read so you know how to set it up.
If you like this theme, or others, please consider making a donation.
UPDATE (Oct. 8th): Updated the version to include the footer graphic and file. This is just the same as the top graphic except attached to the bottom, without the searchbox though.