It’s a 1-column theme called On Fire. You can see it in action at The English Guy, or in action on the site it was designed for, What’s Hot!. It has 1 main column where the posts get written, with no blogroll. Be warned – this is a speciality theme, there are no archives links, categories and so on.
Several features might stand out to you. There is an RSS “feed” button on the top right, built into the title bar (and controlled via CSS), and there are feed links on individual articles, especially for comments. The “title” along the top, and in the index for each article, alters itself to whatever page is being viewed so it fits within the width of the theme.
See this theme in action on What’s Hot!.
First, this theme requires WordPress 1.5+ Once you have downloaded the theme, unzip it and:
- Upload the unzipped theme to your
- Enter your Admin panel -> Presentation and select the theme.
Frequently Asked Questions
None so far! It is a simple unzip, install and off you go. You can edit the theme as you wish (it IS commented a little bit). Please read the README file included with the release, it tells you parts that you might to alter. If you have any questions, you can comment here, or you can go over to the WordPress Forums.
Except where otherwise noted, this software is:
- Copyright Richard Dows
- Licensed under the terms of the CC/GNU GPL
- Provided as is, with NO WARRANTY whatsoever
In a nutshell, the GPL means that:
- You may freely use the works for any purpose, including commercial ones
- You may freely make derivative works provided that you leave the proper attribution and copyright notices; this includes the copyright notice in the footer.php with appropriate link back
- You may freely distribute the works and derivative works provided that you make the source code readily available under the same terms
There is a README.txt file included with the release which you should read so you know how to set it up.
If you like this theme, or others, please consider making a donation.