Important: This theme has now been superceded by a newer version called Raised Paper (v1.0.1). All development efforts are on that theme now.
This theme is a newer version of the News Time Theme. It is a four-column (or three-column, depending on what you set it as) theme for WordPress called News Print. There are three columns (or two) where the content gets written, and an additional mandatory sidebar. Update: As of August 26th, 2009, the latest version is 2.3.0, with an updated stylesheet and layout, and all of the configuration options now residing in the WordPress admin backend.
After receiving many emails regarding upgrades to the News Print Theme I have added the option to select two or three columns for the main content. It is set to default as three columns, with the sidebar as mandatory. As of August 26th, 2009, this theme now has the capability to show two sidebars.
All of the major sidebar functionality is written in, with a lot of contents to show you how to alter it to your own tastes. Note: as of May 13th, the News Print v2.0 theme is widgetised. As of November 21st, the theme is WP-2.7 ready, conforming to the new threaded comments. As of March 5th, 2009, the theme has had all the configuration options moved to the administration panels.
First, this theme requires WordPress 2.0+ (it is coded, and tested, on 2.7.1). Once you have downloaded the theme, unzip it and:
- Upload the unzipped theme to your
- Enter your Admin panel -> Appearance -> Themes, and select the theme.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this theme difficult to use?
No, the theme is straightforward to install. In your admin panel select Appearance then Themes, select the News Print v2.0 theme and activate. The configuration options will then be shown in the same section (Appearance) called News Print Options, you can set the amount of columns there, featured posts, category per column and so on.
Do you support the theme?
Of course. If you want to ask questions please head over to my forums, you can ask questions there and I will answer them all the best that I can.
Except where otherwise noted, this software is:
- Copyright Richard Dows
- Licensed under the terms of the CC/GNU GPL
- Provided as is, with NO WARRANTY whatsoever
In a nutshell, the GPL means that:
- You may freely use the works for any purpose, including commercial ones
- You may freely make derivative works provided that you leave the proper attribution and copyright notices; this includes the copyright notice in the footer.php with appropriate link back
- You may freely distribute the works and derivative works provided that you make the source code readily available under the same terms
If you like this theme, or others, please consider making a donation.