It’s a 2-column theme called Dog Blog. You can see a pre-blog version of it in action at The Snood Factory. It has 1 main column where the posts get written and (for the wordpress theme) one sidebar to the right for last posts, archives, advertising and so on.
First, this theme requires WordPress 1.5+ Once you have downloaded the theme, unzip it and:
- Upload the unzipped theme to your
- Enter your Admin panel -> Presentation and select the theme.
Frequently Asked Questions
None so far! It is a simple unzip, install and off you go. You can edit the theme as you wish (it IS commented a little bit). Please read the README file included with the release, it tells you parts that you might to alter. If you have any questions, you can comment here, or you can go over to the WordPress Forums.
Except where otherwise noted, this software is:
- Copyright Richard Dows
- Licensed under the terms of the CC/GNU GPL
- Provided as is, with NO WARRANTY whatsoever
In a nutshell, the GPL means that:
- You may freely use the works for any purpose, including commercial ones
- You may freely make derivative works provided that you leave the proper attribution and copyright notices; this includes the copyright notice in the footer.php with appropriate link back
- You may freely distribute the works and derivative works provided that you make the source code readily available under the same terms
There is a README.txt file included with the release which you should read so you know how to set it up.
If you like this theme, or others, please consider making a donation.
Since the original blog has been discontinued, the best way to view this theme is to use the theme switcher below, select the ‘Dog Blog’ theme to switch the theme on this site to it: